Thursday, August 12, 2010

Welcome!

"I cannot move, my fingers are all in a knot."
-Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

I have to imagine that the computer guy in this outfit, my son, after finishing up work on this website,  must have felt the way Bobby Dylan did when he wrote that song.  My job was to sit back in the comfort of my chair and cheer him on, and approve everything.  And that is no exaggeration.  All the design, all the choice in content, everything down to the font came from Mike Kubala, the brainchild of Delta Triad Productions.  And I just kicked back and said, "Wow, that looks awesome!"

Of course, this site has been in production for some time to be fair.  I'm sure there were many months of thinking about how things would actually look and working out the functionality of it all.  And being on my payroll isn't keeping anyone employed full-time at this point either, so such a great time consuming project such as this becomes a labor of love and it reaches it's natural end as it does.

The project cames to it's conclusion just about a week ago while Mike was supposed to be enjoying himself on vacation in North Carolina.  Suddenly, the project flew from the development stages into reality.  And like most creators who find the time to get a little bit a much needed rest and the time to escape the demands of their everyday world, he was reenergized and finished something that it seemed so long ago he started.

I hope you enjoy my website, not so much really as a celebration of all things ME, for I was able to discern the functionality of my ego a long time ago, I think and I'm able to leave it at the door at will.  But if you appreciate the craftsmanship that went into putting this site together, as well as the future improvements that are promised, I'll be happy for my son and his work.  And of course, I won't mind at all if you enjoy some of my stories in song along the way.  All the more reason for me to stick around a while longer and keep doing what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment